Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Momo's Pound Cake, as Promised

This is a really old recipe and a wonder it was even written down at all.  As I understand, she didn't write down a majority of her recipes so unfortunately a lot of her cooking has passed with her.  I knew it was old as the first ingredient is "oleo".  I bet I'd be hard pressed to find a kid, today, who knew what oleo was.  Here goes:
2 sticks oleo
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. butter flavor
1/2 tsp. yellow food color
2 cups sifted flour
6 eggs

The instructions make me giggle.  They are:  Cream good.  Add 6 eggs, one at a time, beating after each.  Fold in flour til wet.  Beat well.  Bake 275 degrees or 300 degrees til done.  About 1 1/2 hours.
She was not one for many words, I guess : )






1 comment:

Marguerite said...

This cake looks divine! I know what you mean about the oleo. lol Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for joining my site! I will follow you, as well.