Wednesday, August 25, 2010

School daze

Today marked my first day back to school.  I think I'm going to enjoy the classes that I'm enrolled in so that's the silver lining to this week.  If you're in the mood to read my vent then, proceed.  If not in the mood to witness a rant, stop reading. 

     I'll begin with Monday.  My oldest came off the school bus complaining of a headache and stomach ache (actually a scar ache since she has loads of scar tissue from her baby surgeries).  She was running a low temp but seemed to be really feeling crummy so I called the next morning to schedule an appt. That was set for 9 a.m. so we were on our way.  At 7pm, a CT scan, sono, UA, and a few blood draws later we finally came home.  Yes, 9-7...not your typical banker's hours but, if you've ever had any medical anything you know this is actually, probably, record timing.  Today she met with a Hematologist (I'll call this one Dr. #4) at 9:30 a.m.  Actually, since it was 1st day of my classes, I had my ex pick her up this morning to take her and I met up w/them as soon as I got out of class.  He brought his fiance with him And even though I'm remarried and have since had a baby, it was awkward.  I'm thinking it's mostly because none of us ever talk to ea. other seeing how he sees our daughter hardly ever.  The silence was almost funny.  Almost.  All awkwardness aside, I stayed for as long as I could and left for afternoon classes.  He just brought her back home and after having heard from the Dr. in between, I'm still no clearer on what's wrong with her (large spleen, low white cells, blood in urine, dilated duct).  It's all foreign to me.  I hate mystery illnesses.  We follow up come Friday.  This week has been a peach for each but, I'll be glad to see it end so that we can enjoy a nice weekend.  Still confused how 5-6 Dr.'s can't come up with any answers.  Does no answer = no bill?  Hmmm.  I'm betting not.

No comments: