Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Whatnot Wednesday

I didn't get to go junking this past weekend since we spent most of the holiday at the lake or on the couch but, my uncle did bring back some of the goodies I'd left at my mom's (since they wouldn't fit in the car) from my last visit there.

Fiesta ware Salt and Pepper shakers, a gift from Grandma...they were her mom's (my Mimi's)
Milk Glass Hobnail Lamp
I'm thinking of selling some of this stuff on Etsy but, I'm new to that whole concept so a little apprehensive.  Anyway, here are more goods...
Irmi Wee Willie Winkie Lamp


Vintage giftwrap: baby & bridal shower prints.

I found some really amazing deals and I can't wait to share more bargains in the future.  In the mean time, I'll share a recipe for a pasta salad I had this weekend sooo yummy that I'll have to make some tonight!

Spaghetti Salad:
1 pkg. spaghetti (12 oz.) broken into thirds
1/2 c. salad oil (or a little less)
3 tbsp. Accent I'm scratching this since it has MSG, I'll use a cajun seasoning instead such as Tony Chachere's ( I JUST DID THIS AND I RECOMMEND NOT USING 3 TBSP...MORE LIKE 1-1/2)
3 tbsp. lemon juice (juice from approx. 2 lemons)
1 Bell pepper (chopped)
2 Green onions (chopped)
1 small can Ripe black olives, chopped
1 jar Pimientos, diced (if desired)
1 tbsp. mayonnaise or salad dressing

Boil spaghetti, drain and rinse with cold water. Add salad oil, Accent and lemon juice. Let sit in refrigerator overnight. Add chopped bell peppers, olives, onions and pimentos. Add mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste. Leftovers may be kept in refrigerator for several days. Gets better.

No comments: