Friday, October 1, 2010

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms

Today is "Foodie Friday", y'all!  I really enjoy sharing and thought I'd post what I made last night.  We ate them up sooo quickly, I didn't get a chance to snap a picture to share!

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms

2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1/2 of a medium onion, finely chopped
Stems of 1 dozen good-sized white mushrooms, finely chopped ( a processor works well for this but, not necessary).  Set caps aside, rub them with a damp paper towel to clean them off
1 cup of lump crab meat, picked thru to remove any shell pieces, rinsed and drained
a handful or so of Italian bread crumbs
Parsley flakes, as desired
Old Bay seasoning, to taste
Kosher salt, to taste
Black or Red pepper to taste
2-3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Grated Parmesan

*This is the type of recipe that I typically gauge by hand, tasting until it's just right.  I always have left over stuffing that I form into crab cakes, an added bonus!

Saute onion, celery, and stem pieces in butter.  When vegetables are tender, add crab meat, bread crumbs, and seasonings.  Turn off heat.

Dot a casserole dish with butter and add your caps to the dish.  Stuff each cap with the desired amount and sprinkle with parm and Old Bay.  You could add the parm in along with bread crumbs and crab meat; I've done it that way, too!

Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Enjoy : )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YUM!!!! I love love love love love stuffed mushrooms, and I equally love crab! Great flavor combinations you've got there! I'll be right over... lol. I bet the crab cakes are spectacular also. Sounds like a keeper for sure!

Erin
www.ekatskitchen.com

Miz Helen said...

This looks like a great recipe.
Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love stuffed mushrooms, and I've never seen a crab version. YUM!