Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Gazpacho had to go

Well, I was outvoted on the Gazpacho, this time.  I've not given up on it, though.  Maybe when the weather is warmer and homegrown tomatoes are ripened....
So, I made broccoli Cheese soup instead.
The verdict is still out~
If the fam says they like it, I'll share my recipe.  I basically winged it by looking thru a few different recipes on the web and adjusted based on what I had on hand.

On a different note, I did make a roasted pork tenderloin & it turned out pretty darn good. See...


I bought a plain tenderloin.  The pack I bought had two in it; I didn't know that at the time.
I rinsed the tenderloins and patted them dry.  Then, in a bowl I combined: a handful of brown sugar, 1 tbsp. or so of Cajun blackening seasoning, and 1 tbsp. of sweet paprika.  I added a lug of olive oil to the dry rub to make a paste and then rubbed it all over the tenderloins.  Too, I made a few little slits across the tops of the loins and slipped in a few peeled garlic cloves.  I peeled and sliced a few small potatoes and arranged those around the meat and drizzled the potatoes with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of blackening seasoning.  I added a few tablespoons of water to the dish to add moisture, making sure not to pour it over the meat and potatoes to not rinse off the oil & seasonings.  I covered the dish with it's lid and roasted it at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes.  The pork had a nice spicy-sweet flavor and the potatoes were so tender and flavorful. 
Happy Sunday, y'all!

No comments: