Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cocoa Cinnamon Boots

I'd like to share a recipe that my mom and I made when I was a little girl.  Every few years, I like to break out this Christmas cookie recipe...it brings back good memories of baking with my mom.


Here 'tis:     (see how festive it sounds when I say 'tis, I up my usage of that word for the holidays)

Cocoa Cinnamon Boots

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 egg yolk, slightly beaten

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
In a mixing bowl add: flour, sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon. Cut in butter and margarine until dry ingredients form into pea size pieces. Stir in yolk until well blended.
Shape dough into a ball. Wrap in saran and chill for 30+ minutes.
Roll 1/3 of the dough at a time on a lightly floured surface. Keep remaining dough chilled until ready for use.
Bake at 350 degrees on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.

No comments: