Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This day, like Jello, was a slippery slope.

First, I'd like you to know that I conquered the Jello (see this post for the back story).
You would think that would lead to me having a most excellent first day back at school, except that it wasn't the first day of school.  That would be tomorrow.  Yep.  Tomorrow.  As in Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2011.  I totally stressed about my return throughout the night (like I do every semester) 'cause let's face it, being a 31 year old student looks slightly odd compared to those perkier counterparts.  It wasn't all bad, though.  I didn't rush to get ready for school because I had a hair appt. before class to rush for.

After realizing my mistake, I decided that since I was was "in town" I'd run into Marshalls.  What seemed like an innocent, "I'm only running in for 1 or 2 long sleeved tees", turned into a downward spiral of ceramic knives, hand towels, boots, coats, and...need I say more.  I'm convinced that Marshalls and their cohort, TJMaxx, are, in fact, the devil in disguise.

So, "what's my punishment?", you ask.  Well,  I nicked myself with the sharpest blade known to man, got discouraging looks from my husband, and have to rehash all that tossing and turning before classes begin tomorrow.  Yes, folks, justice is served.

1 comment:

Miss Yvonne said...

Oh man, TJ Maxx. I can't drive past one, I HAVE. TO. STOP. And spend a kajillion dollars on lotion and purses and towels.