Friday, April 15, 2011

TGIF & a Mexican Martini...sort of

Cheers!
For a girl who hardly ever drinks, a craving for a Mexican Martini sure hit me like a ton of bricks.  If you've never had a Mexican Martini, think of a dirty margarita, a salty-sweet combination of citrus-y flavors mixed with Spanish olives.  Mmmm  Deliciousness.


I googled a recipe and quickly realized I didn't have all the makes for a traditional one so I do what I always do, put a "whatever I've got on hand" spin on it.

Here's how it went:

The Kitchen Witch's Easy Mexican Martini

1/2 oz. Triple Sec
1/2 oz. Sweetened Lime Juice (I used Rose's brand)
3 oz. Sweet & Sour Mix
1-1/2  oz.  Tequila (I use Jose Cuervo)
1/2 oz. Orange Liquor (I used Paula's Texas Orange)
Splash of fresh squeezed lemon juice
Splash of Olive Juice
3 Pimento stuffed Spanish olives


Use less tequila if you like.  I felt a buzz off of just a few sips.  Then again, that's coming from a girl who almost never drinks!

Bottoms up,


The Kitchen Witch
 

No comments: