Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Honey, I'm Home

Well, I'm back from no man's land.  There are so many things I want to share, but I know I need to pace myself so I'll start off showing some fun pics I took of our journey.
The beautiful shaded driveway down to my mom's house.

And what's Texas without a Texas-sized Armadillo?

Mr. Tom Turkey was waiting for us on my mom's drive on one of the days.  His Missus was just on the other side.

This image was being painted in one of the windows of  a shop on the main drag in my grandma's hometown.  When I saw it I thought, "Good Lord, what kind of snake handling religious group do they have around these parts?"  When I asked my grandma about it, she said Jackie Bibby is a famous snake handler, not of the religious variety, but of the entertaining sort who has traveled the world.  Rising Star, TX is his hometown, so she says, hence the picture in the window on Main St.  It was created based on photos taken of him.
Ice Cream, anyone?

Big Sissy dreaming of the day she can really drive this thing...just a few more years so watch out!
I think I'm naming our chickens after this sign. : )

    Looks like this planter could double as a playpen!


And last, but not least, Grandma's Four O'clocks...so pretty.  Look at the yellow and white mixed blooms!

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a wonderful visit! That Armadillo is huge!