Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cherry Dump Salad

This is an easy throw-together type of dessert...something I grew up with my Grandma making.


Cherry Dump Salad
1 can cherry pie filling
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
1 tub Cool Whip (if you're like me, whip your own heavy cream & add a little powdered sugar to sweeten it.)
1 cup pecan pieces, (I prefer finely chopped pieces)
1 cup small marshmallows

Throw all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until everything looks fluffy and pink.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

This is the good stuff.  I've served it at baby showers when a girl is expected because the pink color is so nice, but if your doing this don't use the dark cherries.  The color of the fluff will be almost purple!  This is something we like to serve at Christmas, too, but you'll find that it dots southern tables for just about any occasion.

No comments: