Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pecan Cake Review


I tried this recipe from Marguerite of Cajun Delights and was pleased with the turnout so thought I'd recommend you checking it out.  Ms. Marguerite's recipes always please and this yummy cake was no exception.

Now, don't let my crummy snapshot put you off.  It doesn't do this dessert justice.  I experienced what I'll call a "little mishap" in testing the cake for doneness.  I was jumping the gun, you see, and flipped the cake onto a plate only to see a gush of batter before I quickly flipped it back into the bundt pan and into the oven for a few minutes more to bake.  The tricky thing for me was that it looked done, and my toothpick came out clean, but I think because the bundt is deeper than the average cake pan, the toothpick didn't reach far enough down to reveal the batter on the bottom.  Quick save, though, and no harm done aside from a little lopsidedness ; )

Shh, don't tell on me.

Happy Wednesday,

The Kitchen Witch

p.s. check out many more of Marguerite's recipes.  You'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

Bless you, cher, and merci beaucoup for trying the cake and all of the other recipes! It looks great! Bundt cakes take a little longer, but my oven is hyperactive, so I tend to cut the baking time down. So glad ya'll enjoyed everything! Cheers!