Thursday, March 29, 2012

Eggcelent


Am I blogging about an egg?  Yes.  I am.  Blogging. About an egg.  I have not lost my mind.  In fact, this egg may just be my saving grace.  You see, a few nights ago was husby's birthday.  We ate out.  It was nice.  Well, as nice as a near-two year old will allow.
There were friends and family,
funny hats,
and merriment.

There was also my teenager who insisted on carrying my purse, but forgot it in the restaurant which resulted in me spending the first half of the next day putting accounts on hold 'til the restaurant reopened and I could verify that my purse was still there.  All that stress made me a major killjoy.  Enter the egg.  When I finally got home from my studies, later that day, I was greeted by said daughter presenting me with our new hen's first egg.  How could I hold onto any anger at that point.  I had my first fresh egg.  All was right with the world.

Then, today.  Storm of all storms dropped bucket fulls of rain which apparently all gathered into our chicken run.  Poor gals.  I spent the evening trying to hoist the buckets-o-water out of the run and into our nearby grass, cursing all the while.  Praying that this area has a speedy recovery.  Looking to throw down dry shavings as soon as it looks like we're in the all-clear on rain.

Needless to say, we made and easy "breakfast for dinner" kind of meal and frying up that fresh egg made it all seem a little less horrible.  Moods twice-lifted by that egg.

It's amazing what an egg will do! ; )

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Congrats on your first egg! Hope you got your purse back and no damage was done-other than the stress. Happy Weekend:@)

Sherri B. said...

I couldn't leave you a comment so I went to your email. I found out that my problem was Blogger and Internet Explorer, I switched over to Firefox and all was well..just wanted to let you and others know in case anyone else is having a problem. xo

A Kitchen Witch said...

Thanks. I didn't realize the issue and then I read a post on a friend's blog about comments, too. Hope the 'bugs' are worked out. I'll try the hay. Right now we have pine shavings that we're clearing out for dry. AND I did retrieve my purse! Yea!!! That saved Sissy from a royal grounding.