Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lemon Honey Muffins with Honey Butter


The other day, I found a muffin recipe on Pocket Change Gourmet's blog.  The muffins sounded so good at the time, I pinned the recipe so that I'd be sure to try it out and I'm so glad I did.  The recipe doesn't make many; I got eight smallish muffins, but the flavors were spectacular.  I decided to use the remaining 1/4 cup softened butter to make a compound.  I added 2 tbsp. honey to the butter in my mixer and whipped for a minute.  Voila, honey butter!  **I skipped the glaze since I made the honey butter which added plenty of sweetness.

 Here's the recipe for muffins...
Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons flour, all-purpose
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • Glaze
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • Drizzle of milk
Instructions
  1. In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients, flour, salt & soda, set aside
  2. In a medium bowl, cream the butter, honey, and brown sugar
  3. Add the lemon juice, egg and vanilla, cream until well blended
  4. Gradually add the dry ingredients, blend well
  5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill muffin tin with liners {we got 8 muffins}
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
  7. Cool, combine powdered sugar and milk for glaze and drizzle over muffin {optional}

2 comments:

Stephen said...

See, this is why I love your blog. You make me want to go home and bake and cook. BTW, love the new header picture....if you didn't have a nice husband I would have said, Wow...you're cute as a button. But I'll not say it.

A Kitchen Witch said...

Aww, shucks. Thanks for the sweet comment. ; )