Saturday, August 4, 2012

Luck of the Junk

Yesterday morning, I stopped into an estate sale in my neighborhood.  I scored two awesome quilts.  One is a mishmash of squares and circles that will go in Bebe's room.







I love the pink accents in the quilt, and though it has a few squares that have to be sewn down or replaced, for $20 dollars it's a steal.
The other is a red double wedding ring quilt.  It's made of polyester, I think, but is not torn and has no stains.  I like that the edge has a scalloped design.  It was $40 so a bargain, too.

sharing @ Southern Hospitality's Thrifty Treasures

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow, both are great quilts for a great price! Love the wedding ring but I always seem drawn to the random designs-enjoy:@)

Drick said...

score you did, the bottom one reminds me of one from my Grandmother's house, I like it a lot, my sister ended up with it...I certainly would love to find such a steal...

Christin@fortmillscliving said...

What beautiful treasures! It's hard to find quilts in good shape for such a great price.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh wow, what wonderful treasures you found! I love all the colors. Scrap quilts are my favorites!