Saturday, July 5, 2014

Quick Pickled Green Beans

I love pickled veggies.  Green Beans are probably tops on the pickled veggie list.


I found this recipe for quick pickled green beans and I gave it a try.  I'm so glad I did.  Not only was it super simple and quick to put together, the taste was exactly what I was looking for, too...great for snacking on or to serve as a garnish for a Bloody Mary.

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
  • 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
  • 1 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons pickling spice
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled

Preparation

  1. Combine dill and green beans in a medium bowl.  (I put the green beans and dill straight into a pickling jar)
  2. Combine vinegar and the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute or until sugar and salt dissolve. Pour over bean mixture (I poured right over green beans in the jars you see above). Let stand 2 hours. Drain or serve with a slotted spoon.  (After my green beans cooled, I didn't drain, but stored them in the fridge.  The recipe doesn't indicate how long they'll last, so I wouldn't chance more than a week.  Ours are going quickly so will only last three days at most.)
  Recipe courtesy of Ivy Manning,
JUNE 2012 via myrecipes.com

No comments: