Sunday, August 8, 2010

songs I'm buying for Lilli

It seems that, like her sister, Lilli, is a fan of music. It doesn't seem to matter the sort playing; maybe that's a baby thing. I love to find old songs for her and I've been downloading some on itunes lately. Here are a few that I've found that I enjoy singing along with to her: "Roly Poly" by Gentleman Jim Reeves, "Blue Skie"s by Willie, "Barnacle Bill the Sailor" (not kid appropriate but, I love Louis Jordan's Olive Oylish voice on it), "All the Pretty Little Horses" sung by Caroline Herring, and "Didn't Leave nobody but the Baby" sung by Allison Crause and Emmy Lou Harris.

As a side note I've been thinking of food related songs. My favs are: "Beans & Cornbread"-Louis Jordan, "Hey, Good Lookin'" & "Jambalaya"- Hank Williams, "Bread & Butter"-The Newbeats, and "Mambo Italiano" & "Come On a my house" by Rosemary Clooney. They're delish ; 0

No comments: