Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gone With the Wind. Again.

If I've not said it before, I'm a sucker for most things from days gone by.  Notice I said "most" things.  I'm not a big fan of spiral perms, being able to smoke everywhere (have you ever worked in one of those offices?), and boy-bands.  Recently, I'd been working up a post about my love for things that have "Gone with the Wind".  I stumbled over my words and circled around my point like a vulture waiting to land on the big stink that is my writing.  Eventually, I deleted that draft (you can thank me later).  In the mean time, I noticed another blogger had posted something very similar to what I'd been thinking about and it made me wonder, "How did we fall so far from grace?"  Said blogger brings up some very fine points.  Where are all the Cary Grant-esque men nowadays?  I've only seen options getting worse, but we have to hit rock bottom eventually, right?!  RIGHT?!?  They will come around, eh? Well, maybe the planet will go up in flames before that happens, but a girl can dream.

I, for one, love watching TCM (and the Cooking Chanel, but I'll save that for another day).  Everyone looked so lovely, in those films, AND have you listened to them speak?!  I'm in awe every time.  Hollywood stars sounded so eloquent back in the day.  They were true stars.  It drives me insane to see the "Snookies'" of the world deemed celebrities.  I miss tact, and grace, and classy people.  We need celebrity emphasis shifted back on those qualities so that the masses have better role models.

Here's a nod to some of my favorite things from days past...
Debonair men

and beautiful architecture


...and gorgeous hair
...and leaving more to the imagination.
      Innocence vs. Promiscuity

and having good, clean, fun-
 
I hope that you enjoyed looking thru some of these images.  I know I have...Tell me about some of the things you miss.  Happy Wednesday!  Toodles~

No comments: