Friday, December 31, 2010

Again

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have another year...this past one was pretty great, but I'm never one to look at the start of a year as a time for resolutions.  Does that make me weird?  Eh.  I don't care.  I'm more of the spur-of-the-moment take-charge kind of gal.  I don't need a new year to build up my desire to get my arse going.  I'm usually such an anal-retent around the house, that I jump on projects with the quickness...much to my husband's dismay.  This past week, for example, he's been off on vacation (his first since last February) and I decided it would be great for him to finish up the floors and tackle Big Sissy's room while she was visiting grandma.  Needless to say, we got that baby painted within a day.  Now all that's left is the trim.  I'm already looking around to see what's next and it looks like the yard is a likely contender seeing how it's been in the high 70's around here. 

I've read through many blogs, in recent days, that all share a similar theme.  "I'm gonna do this in the new year, and I'm going to do that....  I even read a blogger that had cleaning the blinds on her to-do list.  Aack.  Blinds are not my friend.  Yes, they need to be done, but since we didn't like the ones that came with the house when we bought it, I figure why dust them when I can just replace them : )  Granted that theory has not made it's way past the girl's rooms so the living and dining space probably do need some dust work, but maybe I can convince the hubs to...he still has a few days off : )

All in all, the new year kind of depresses me.  I feel that I should be just as excited as everyone else, but it just seems to come and go like all the rest and I'm just glad for the many, many good days that come my way.

Hope that your New Year brings you whatever your looking for even if it's just another year.

Cheers Cherie,

The Kitchen Witch

No comments: