Sunday, December 12, 2010

Book Review

After holiday shopping for many hours, without much success, I decided to pop into our Half Priced Book store to grab a tasty beverage and a book.   I really didn't have anything particular in mind as is usually the case when I happen into a book store, but that's worked out just fine for me.  It's almost like the books magically find there way to me, calling out to me from the shelf.  Now, I've not always had great success with this tactic, but...mostly.  The book fairy must have been eyeing me that day I walked in because I landed  a great book.  I'm currently in the beginning stages of the novel, The Help, by Kathryn Stockett, and I'm already in love.  As I usually do when falling for a book, I search up the author to see what else they've cooked up.  I'd never heard of this novel (or the author) before, which doesn't mean a thing because I don't follow best seller lists and what all; though, I did see that this novel was a best seller on the book's jacket.  What drew me in was the first page (that's usually how I judge a book's readability-just dive into it).  I'm so glad I found this story and tickled to see that Dreamworks is turning it into a motion picture.  Now...if somebody would do the same for Water for Elephants, I'd be over the moon.  I'm picturing Toby McGuire for the character, Jacob, and Rachel McAdams for the leading lady, but who's asking me, right?! ; ) 

Well, back to The Help, since I'm rambling off topic.  I peaked on IMDB's web page for pictures of the actors playing the parts for The Help...not exactly what I'd envisioned while reading, but isn't it interesting to see how that works out.  Needless to say, I can't wait to watch the movie.  And, in the mean time, I look forward to devouring yet another fine read.  I hope you will give it a read sometime.

Happy Monday, y'all~

The Kitchen Witch

No comments: