Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I GOT THE BILL BLUES

There's no time like the holidays to get you thinking about your bills.  In recent months my ATT Internet increased by $3.25.  That may not sound significant, but I've got a friend who's a "new" customer who's getting her service for $10-something a month so I called to see if there were any better rates that they could offer me.  Come short of downgrading to a slower service, there was nothing I could do to change my billing unless I wanted an increase.  Um, no.  That's why I'm calling.  To decrease.  No increase. Please. 

The girl on the other end of the line tried explaining that the promotion was only for "new" customers.  Sigh.  Her rationale (though, I know it's not hers...more like the company's) is lost on me.  What about my loyalty for years?!?! 

Me:  WHAT ABOUT CUSTOMER APPRECIATION?! 

Her reply: "Oh, believe me, your friend will be paying what you are soon enough."

ARGGG


Seriously.  What happened to the good old days?  Service is so horrible these days.  If it's not waiting for a clerk who's busy texting, it's having to witness unprofessional conversations with co-workers in front of patrons and then having a 10 yr. old ask what a douche is.

AND, not only do we have to endure this debasement of humanity, WE HAVE TO SIGN A TWO YEAR CONTRACT FOR THE PRIVILEGE"!!!

No comments: