Friday, June 10, 2011

What's your favorite part?

I've been reading another Fannie Flagg novel, Can't Wait to Get to Heaven, and one part in it particularly struck me as I read it.  As the set up goes, the main character is speaking with God and he asks her what her favorite part about being a human being was,  She listed off a myriad of things, but as I read the question, I snapped out of the story and thought,"Oh, that's easy.  If God asked me what  my favorite part was, I'd have to say love."

Sure, I have countless other things to list: flowers, food, music, sweet tea, air conditioning, my pets (animals in general), the ocean, among other things, but love would be at the top.  What a blessing that we're able to experience it.  Whether we're loving our children or our family (a spouse, a partner, a grandparent), our home, our craft...doesn't matter because it just feels good to feel love.

Thank God for it.

No comments: