An image of French Onion soup was on the entry page which immediately caught my eye. Today, I stocked up on the necessary ingredients. My picture didn't turn out as nice as the website photo, but the soup was tasty.
- large onions, sliced (3 cups)
- tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- tablespoons all-purpose flour
- tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- teaspoon sugar
- teaspoon pepper
- cans (14 1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve beef broth
Cheesy Broiled French Bread
- slices French bread, 1 inch thick
- cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
Recipe courtesy of bettycrocker.com. Sharing @ Designs By Gollum for
- 1Mix onions and margarine in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- 2Cover and cook on high heat setting 30 to 35 minutes or until onions begin to slightly brown around edges.
- 3Mix flour, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and pepper. Stir flour mixture and broth into onions. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 9 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours) or until onions are very tender.
- 4Prepare Cheesy Broiled French Bread. Place 1 slice bread on top of each bowl of soup. Serve immediately.