Monday, March 19, 2012

"Tillie Lays an Egg" book review

I've never blogged about children books before, but we all loved this book so much that I felt especially inclined to share.  The photos in Golson's book, Tillie Lays an Egg, are precious.  I love every page.  I stumbled across it at our local library, but will definitely go buy it because it's a keeper.
photo courtesy

You may visit this website to check out more on the book, including some of the fab pictures and you can even visit her "hen cam" to see the birds in action.  Golson also features a "chick cam", "coop cam", and a "goat cam," but be forewarned on the last one mentioned.  I clicked on that link and got an up-close shot on the hind end of one of the critters and it didn't mind moving one little bit.  I don't think I've ever witnessed such a foul scene ; )

2 comments:

Terry said...

Thanks for such a nice review of my book! (And yes, the cams are at eye level, which also means that they are at -ahem - rear end level.

--Terry at HenCam.com

A Kitchen Witch said...

What an honor! Thank you for writing such a fun book! It inspired us to try our hand at chickens again. And my oldest watches the hen cam daily!